Devising your next big fundraising plan should be fun! With the right inspiration and support, it’ll be an exciting process from start to finish.
Here are some of the most-loved fundraising ideas to help inspire your next move.
It’s the classic group get-together that never goes out of style! These fundraisers are a recipe for a riot – watch your friends or colleagues lose their cool as the competitive streak kicks in. There’s no need to stick to the “pub” setting either, not when you can set up in the comfort of your own home with a virtual quiz night. Grab yourself a Sense Quiz Night pack from our fundraising materials page.
Want to add a memorable twist to your charity auction? It’s time to see what your community is made of by auctioning off their skills and talents! Perhaps your colleague creates the most incredible playlists, or your neighbour is a master gardener. Open the bidding and bring people together whilst raising money and awareness for Sense.
Cakes, bakes and feasts
Food does us all a lot of good, but it also has the power to do good for charity! For your next fundraiser, arrange a potluck dinner where foodies and friends donate to participate and pile up their plates. Or add a sensory twist to the usual bake sale or coffee morning – throw a Sensational Tea Party!
Workshops and livestreams
Whether you’re a seasoned streamer or you’ve got a hobby to share, this is your time to shine! Livestream your board game night, invite friends over to learn crochet or Twitch-stream yourself gaming, it’s all in the name of charity. Check out our Stream it for Sense event for more livestream inspiration.
Do any of your friends or family claim to be a supertaster or a scent specialist? Well, it’s time for them to put their money where their mouth is! A blindfolded taste and smell challenge is a great way to highlight the role our senses play in our everyday life – it’s also an excuse to watch your brother eat baby food! Collect donations for entry, hints and bonus rounds.
What kind of fundraiser are you?
Challenges that’ll get you moving
Want to raise your heartbeat whilst raising money for Sense? Join our team of amazing runners, trekkers and cyclists. You can steer your own path and travel the length of the country, or show your neighbours what you’re made of with 20 laps of your local park!
We’ll be there to support you every step of the way – and if you’re joining us at one of our events, we’ll be the ones handing you that glass of bubbly at the finish line!
I wanted to thank Sense for all the support they’ve provided to my wonderful daughter, Daisy. I’m no spring chicken, but I decided to walk the South West Coastal Path in its entirety.
The support I received from Sense was excellent. After an exhausting 56 days of hiking, my friend Martin and I completed our challenge – and had raised a total of £3,252!Ian, one of our stand-out fundraisers of 2022
Fundraising ideas list
For solo fundraisers
- Set yourself a walking goal. You don’t need us to tell you, set your own challenge and your community will support you every step of the way.
- Shave your head! Dare to do something unforgettable – give yourself a haircut that’ll get people talking, donating and thinking hard about what Sense means to you.
- Sell your crafts. From bespoke creations to signature stock, showcase your creativity and turn your handmade treasures into life-changing donations.
- Do the squat challenge! Your heart will race, your legs will tremble, but wow will you feel amazing as your strength and fundraising total grows and grows!
If you’re doing this together
- Dress up the office. You can’t have a bad workday in fancy dress. Get everyone wearing Sense themed orange and purple outfits or do the classic pyjama day!
- Host a games night. Turn an evening of friendly competition into one of camaraderie as you come together to raise money for one amazing cause!
- Put on a film screening. Transform your living room or backyard into a cinema, complete with tickets and popcorn! What will it be, Sense and Sensibility? Fifth Sense?
- Community raffle. Unite your neighbourhood, church group or school by organising a raffle full of exciting prizes. Everyone gets a chance to win, and to be part of supporting Sense. Make sure to check in with our community fundraising team for rules and advise on running raffles.
Got a question?
If you want to know more about setting up your own fundraising activity, then call us for a chat on 0300 330 9257 or email us [email protected]
Or, if you want to find out more about Sense fundraising events then our Events team would be happy to hear from you! You can call 020 3833 0526 or email [email protected]