Volunteer in one of our Sense charity shops and be part of something great.
Do you want to support people with complex disabilities and get involved in your community? Your local Sense shop might have the perfect role for you!
Volunteering in a Sense charity shop is a fantastic way to meet new people and learn new skills. You don’t need any experience, you just need to be aged 16 or over. Our flexible roles allow you to give however much time you can.
“We were made to feel both welcome and valued – picking up new skills along the way!”Sense volunteer
Where can I volunteer?
We have over 100 Sense shops across England and Wales. Here’s where to find out which shops have current openings for volunteers.
If you don’t see an opening listed online, pop into your local shop to find out if there are any volunteering opportunities available.
What kind of work do shop volunteers do?
No two days in a Sense charity shop are the same. It’s a fun and varied role. There’s always the opportunity to try something new with the support of your team.
Some of the things you might be doing include:
- Chatting with customers, helping them to find what they’re looking for and serving them at the till.
- Designing our eye-catching window displays.
- Sorting through, selecting and pricing our book and DVD donations.
- Using your fashion know-how to sort through our clothing donations.
- Supporting the shop team with admin tasks.
- Using social media to raise awareness of the shop online.
We offer four types of roles in Sense shops:
- Host volunteers: be a friendly face to welcome and serve our customers.
- Key volunteers: take on extra training and responsibility so you can open and close the shop and cash up.
- Online and social media volunteers: promote our shops to the local community.
- Shop volunteers: sorting through our wonderful donations to stock the shop and create window displays.
“The manager and other volunteers in the shop made me feel immediately welcome and part of the team. It was a great place to volunteer and a friendly store.”Sense volunteer
Every item sold in our shops helps us to support people with complex disabilities. Our volunteers are at the heart of our shops and local communities.