Raise money for Sense
Can’t find an organised fundraising event that you fancy? Don’t worry: there are endless ways to raise money for Sense.
We’re always happy to hear from people who want to support Sense.
Get in touch to tell us about your fundraising idea, and we’ll tell you how we can help. We have dedicated staff based all over the UK, ready to help you.
Email [email protected] to chat with us.
Looking for inspiration?
Sensational Tea Party
“Whether it’s a bake sale or an abseil, we are here to make your fundraising fun, safe and easy!”Jenny, who leads Sense’s community fundraising team
Join our Sense Fundraising Heroes community
Once you’ve let us know about your fundraising, join our Facebook community to share your story, and get tips and tricks from a big community of experienced fundraisers!
Pay in your fundraising
How to fundraise
If you’re new to fundraising for charity, don’t worry. Anyone can do it in three simple steps – and our expert team are always on hand!
- Get in touch
Let us know about the event you’re planning – we’ll give you pointers, and send you a free fundraising pack with everything you need to get started.
- Hold your event
Bake sale, auction, or dance-a-thon? The details are up to you. Our team will make sure you have everything you need, from merch to expert advice.
- Send us your donation
Once it’s all over, pay in your fundraising, and let us know how the event went. We love to hear your stories!
Why support Sense?
We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be left out of life.
How your fundraising helps Sense
£135 – could pay for a family to make memories on a Sense Family Day.
£500 – could pay for a child who is deafblind to have a visit from a Sense specialist teacher, including an assessment and expert advice.
£725 – could provide our core package of support for a family for a whole year!
Last year, thanks to the support of fundraisers like you, we reached 28,000 children and adults who are deafblind or have complex disabilities; parents; carers; and siblings.
Six top fundraising ideas
- Host a pub quiz. Whether it’s at your local, or takes place online, this is a tried-and-tested fundraising classic!
- Hold a charity auction. Got any precious memorabilia you could sell, or can you convince your friends to swap their skills for cash? Going… going… gone!
- How many sweets in the jar? An oldie but a goodie. You could add a sensory twist by doing this one with an opaque jar, and asking people to guess the number they can feel with their hands.
- Teach an online class. Do you have any special skills, from cooking to salsa? You could livestream a tutorial, and ask your eager students to donate when they sign up.
- Host a bake sale. Satisfy your sweet tooth with cookies, cakes, and brownies – all for a good cause!
- Play 5-a-side football. By charging players and spectators to take part in a tournament, you can score big points for charity.
Download a fundraising poster
You’ve got your idea for a fundraiser worked out and planned, now it’s time to promote your event.
We’ve designed a fundraising poster maker! Select from two designs, fill in the details of your event, download and print. Simple.
Complete the form with your name, email address and a little description of your fundraiser and we’ll send you a page to download your poster.