Are you having a clear-out? We’ll happily take your second-hand clothes, books and toys in one of our Sense shops.
There are four easy ways to donate your unwanted things to Sense.
1. Pop into a Sense shop
If the items you’re giving away are small enough to carry, then feel free to bring them into your local Sense shop.
One of our friendly shop staff can take the donation off your hands. And you might even be able to pick up a bargain while you’re there!
2. Visit a donation bank
We have hundreds of clothes and book banks across the country.
3. Book a free clothing collection
We offer a free home collection service in Surrey, East Sussex and South East London to pick up clothing donations from your door.
It’s perfect if you have lots of clothes to donate in one go!
Our drivers will collect donations from you at an agreed time, including weekends.
You will need to have at least three large bin liner-sized bags of quality clothes to donate.
4. Donate by post (for free!)
If you don’t have time to stop by a shop in person, we can send you a free shipping label so you can post your goods to us.
Items we can’t accept as donations
Please note, there are some things we can’t accept in our shops. Check the list below:
- Upholstered furniture without a fire label, including all items donated as sets.
- Candles without instructions.
- Electric blankets.
- Electric showers.
- Sunbeds and tanning equipment.
- Waste disposal units.
- Gas appliances (mains or bottled goods).
- Gas cookers.
- Oil filled radiators (not supplied with a thermostat).
- Oil heaters (mobile).
- Storage heaters (hardwired).
- Oil and gas agas.
- Buoyancy aids, lifejackets, inflatable dinghies.
- Safety helmets, riding hats, crash helmets.
- Cycle helmets.
- Safety harnesses of any sort.
- Children’s car seats.
- Toys without a CE mark.
- Home recorded DVDs, video and audio tapes.
- Home recorded computer games and software on recordable CDs and DVDs.