What your money can do
We support 28,000 children and adults who are deafblind or have complex disabilities; parents; carers; and siblings. With your help, Sense can support more children and their families to find new ways to share life.
Every penny you raise makes a difference – and here are a few ways your support could be felt within our community…
- £20 could pay for an umbrella with twinkling lights inside, used to create a mini-sensory environment for a child in a cot or hospital bed.
- £45 could pay for a sensory bag containing a children’s story and tactile objects. This gives children who are deafblind or have complex disabilities a meaningful, enjoyable way to understand and engage with the story.
- £150 could pay for a weekend break for a sibling or young carer, giving them the chance to spend time with other children with shared experiences, try new activities and have a fun weekend free of responsibilities.
- £725 could help Sense visit a family for an initial assessment, keep them invited to support events throughout the year, and give them access to our specialist networks and advice.
- £1,270 could fund an acoustic tactile wall panel, made of bells, chimes, tambourines, rattle and mirrors. These offer children and adults with complex disabilities a fun way to explore and learn about sound through vibrations and touch.
- £2,000 could provide a six-month block of creative arts opportunities. including music, art and dance, for five people with complex disabilities.
- £5,000 could pay for the cost of a nurse to provide the essential support needed by child with complex medical and physical needs.
My younger brother, Mylo, gets looked after by Sense each week so I can do fun stuff with mum and dad.
I wanted to raise as much money as possible by running for Sense, but, because I was under 10 years old, I couldn’t sign up for a big event. I decided to do it myself and run 5km twenty times in 2022.
I’m so happy and proud that my 100k run raised over £4,000!Seth, winner of the Sense Fundraiser of the Year award 2022
Read about some of the support Seth’s brother, Mylo, receives from Sense.
It’s so important for families to be able to take a break from care. For Mylo and his family, the opportunity means so much – as we can tell from Seth’s award-winning fundraising efforts!
Got a question?
If you want to know more about setting up your own fundraising activity, then call us for a chat on 0300 330 9257 or email us [email protected]
Or, if you want to find out more about Sense fundraising events then our Events team would be happy to hear from you! You can call 020 3833 0526 or email [email protected]