This refreshing, sensory footbath is a good way to relax and chill out and is quick to set up.
Plus, the citrus fruit creates a refreshing and uplifting infusion that has antimicrobial properties, helping disinfect and deodorize the feet.
This guide is part of our Sense Arts, Sport & Wellbeing programme. This activity can be done at a time that suits you, either at home or in an educational setting.
Who is this for?
This is a wellbeing activity for people who are deafblind or have complex disabilities and can be enjoyed by anyone.
Why does this make a difference?
This is a sensory activity that promotes wellbeing and relaxation, helping people use their senses to connect with their surroundings by exploring touch and smell.
How to do this activity
What you’ll need
- A large flat bottomed bowl or foot bath
- Warm water
- 2-3 citrus fruits like limes and lemons
- 3 tbsp baking soda
- 2 tbsps of oil (coconut is good)
- 5 drops of tea tree and peppermint essential oils (optional)
- A towel
- Change up the scents and use different essential oils
- Follow it up with a pedicure
- Make it a pampering session and make a face mask too!