Pamper yourself with this homemade face mask, made using kitchen ingredients, for an indulgent home spa experience. Plus, it smells absolutely delicious!
This guide is part of our Sense Arts, Sport & Wellbeing programme. This activity can be done at a time that suits you, either in your own space or in an educational setting.
Who is this for?
This is a wellbeing activity for people who are deafblind or have complex disabilities and can be enjoyed by anyone.
Why does this make a difference?
This is a sensory activity that promotes wellbeing and relaxation, helping people use their senses to connect with their surroundings by exploring touch and scent, while supporting independent choice.
How to do this activity
What you’ll need
- Small bowl
- Wash cloth
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp oil (coconut or olive)
- ½ a mashed avocado, a mashed banana, or some natural yoghurt
- Please check allergies and do a patch test before use
- You can also use this pampering mask on your hands.
- Change the smell and texture by using things like aloe vera gel, oat flour, strong brewed green tea or camomile
- This homemade face mask doesn’t keep, so only make what will you use