Raffle Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the Sense Spring Raffle 2019.
Promoter: © Sense 2019, a registered charity in England and Wales 289868. The Sense Spring Raffle 2019 (the “Raffle”) is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act.
Name of Responsible Person: Richard Kramer, Sense, 101 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9LG
We will use your donations efficiently – 81p in every £1 received goes directly towards Sense’s vital work with children and adults who are deafblind, as well as Sense’s work supporting people with complex disabilities.
Terms and Conditions:
Entering the Sense Raffle:
- Tickets are not to be sold to, sold by, or bought on behalf of anyone under 16 years of age. Any tickets bought by or on behalf of somebody under the age of 16 will be rejected from the draw and the money returned to them.
- Sense Raffles are open to residents of mainland Great Britain only (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands). Agencies or other companies that have any connection with the production of the Raffle, as well as relatives of such persons, are unable to enter the Raffle. The named license holder is also ineligible to enter.
- Participation in this raffle costs £1 per raffle ticket. The maximum number of tickets purchased is one hundred (£100) per draw..
- The Promoter will send a maximum of 36 tickets to individuals in the mailing.
- Payment for participation in the raffle can be made by cheque payable to Sense, credit/debit card or cash.
- Sense cannot accept CAF payments for raffle tickets and all CAF payments will be treated as donations.
- Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw when the whole payment is received.
- Sense accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible, or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted. No responsibility is taken for raffle tickets and payment lost, delayed, or damaged in the post and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Sense accepts no responsibility if chosen method of payment is cancelled in error.
- Any raffle ticket monies received after the closing date will be treated as a donation to Sense and the tickets will not be entered into the draw.
- Sense cannot claim Gift Aid on raffle ticket monies, but Gift Aid can be claimed on donations.
- Sense reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
The Raffle Draw:
- The closing date and prize draw date for each raffle draw will be printed on the raffle tickets. This information will also be clearly visible on the website, and in each mailed raffle communication. The prize winners will be randomly selected in an independently supervised draw held at a third party’s premises on the draw date.
- The first ticket drawn will win the first prize, the second ticket drawn will win the second prize, and this will continue until all the prizes have been won. Winning raffle tickets will be drawn randomly.
- The result of the raffle draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by post or telephone no later than 3 weeks after the draw date. Winners’ names will be published on our website at www.sense.org.uk/raffle within 7 days of the draw taking place. Sense Shops will also have a winners’ list available in-store. Please keep the ticket as proof of purchase
- Raffle winners will be sent their winnings by cheque in the post once contact has been made.
- Sense will endeavour to contact winners by telephone, and then in writing. If no contact is made, the unclaimed prize is held until the next raffle opens. Once this deadline has passed and a new raffle is open, the unclaimed prize may be treated as Sense sees fit, and it may be returned to the raffle fund.
- Non-cash prizes are subject to the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions and any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to the relevant supplier of the prize.
- Currently our prizes are:
1st prize: £4,000
2nd prize: £500
3rd prize: £250
10 runner up prizes of £50
10 runner up prizes of ‘Teddy Sense’
Teddy Sense: prize will be supplied wearing a white t-shirt displaying the Sense logo.
Sense ‘Early Bird’ Draw:
- The Early Bird Draw is open to all entrants in the Raffle, excluding those who purchase tickets in Sense Shops or online.
- Entrants do not need to have made an additional donation to be entered in to the Early Bird Draw.
- Any person wishing to be entered into the Early Bird Draw will need to return tickets with valid payment within 14 days of the Raffle opening. The Spring Raffle opens 9th April 2019.
- If a person fits the entry requirements set out in these terms and conditions, they will receive one entry to the Early Bird Draw. Only one entry per person will be given, regardless of the number of tickets purchased or the value of any donation made.
- There is one prize for the Early Bird Draw, and this will be confirmed in the main appeal letter. There is no cash prize alternative and the prize is non-transferrable. The prize includes free delivery by post to UK addresses.
- If for any reason Sense is unable to contact the winner of the Early Bird draw, a different winner drawn on the same date, will be allocated the prize.
- Self Exclusion: On request we will put a block on supporters’ records to exclude themselves from our raffle mailings. This block will remain unless we are asked by the individual to remove it. If you would like to be excluded from future Sense raffles please contact the Supporter Services Team on 0300 330 9257 or email them at: email@example.com
- If you feel you have a problem with gambling, please visit https://www.begambleaware.org/
- A complaints procedure is in place to deal with any issues in a clear and procedural way. See: https://www.sense.org.uk/contact/fundraising-complaints/
- We do not capture the personal information recorded on your raffle ticket stubs. This information is used by Sense to contact you if you hold a winning ticket. We have recently refreshed our approach to how we protect your personal data, visit sense.org.uk/privacy to read our privacy notice.