Information and advice is a core pillar of our digital content. It:
- Offers support and advice to the people Sense exists to support 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Showcases Sense’s expertise to the public, building trust, authority and brand recognition.
We focus on topics aligned with our mission that fulfil two or more of:
- Strong search volume.
- High levels of internal expertise and a unique perspective.
- High levels of need from the people we exist to support.
By taking this approach, we will grow traffic to Sense’s website and increase the number of people aware of Sense and, eventually, the number of people signing up for Sense services.
People looking for information and advice from us are often confused or distressed. Maybe their child has just been diagnosed with Usher syndrome.
For that reason, our information is warm, friendly and people-centred. Just like Sense’s services. It’s what makes our information stand out. Where possible, we include quotes and images from real people with lived experience, and link through to relevant blog posts. This ensures a more holistic form of support.
To make sure information is up to date, each piece of information and advice content has a review date published.
For each section, we identify internal experts to review the information. Their primary role is to ensure that information is factually accurate and/or aligns with Sense’s approach.
There are three areas of insight that we use to develop and optimise content.
- Search data –we look at the number of people searching for certain topics and include relevant keywords in our information to make sure it reaches them. This helps us prioritise which topics to cover first.
- Feedback form data – each page of information has a ‘did you find this page useful?’ form at the bottom. We use the feedback given on this form when reviewing information.
- Potential and possibility – we use the annual potential and possibility survey to identify content needs of the people we’re here to support. We will then conduct follow-up research to get a full understanding of those needs.
Each page should have a designated call to action. We do not expect most people to immediately take that action, but the action will be readily available to those who are ready to take the next step. Actions might include:
- Signing up for a Sense service
- Contacting the information and advice team for more details
- Reading a relevant blog post.
This way, we’ll ensure that that initial exposure to Sense turns into a closer relationship with us.