It's lots of fun seeing how many bubbles you can pop with this simple game – all you need is a pot of bubbles. If you have a bubble gun machine, you can use that instead to make things more fast-paced and exciting!
This guide is part of our Sense Arts, Sport & Wellbeing programme. This activity can be done at a time that suits you, either in your own space or in an educational setting.
Who is this for?
This is a sports activity for people or groups of people who are deafblind or have complex disabilities, and can be enjoyed by anyone.
Why does this make a difference?
This activity supports social inclusion and getting active, and helps people use their senses to connect with their surroundings, learning new skills and building confidence while making friends.
How to play
What you’ll need
- Pots of bubbles (or a bubble machine if you have one)!
How to set up
- Find a clear space for the activity
Rules of the game
- Blow the bubbles near the player, and encourage them to reach out and pop as many as possible
- See how many they can pop in a set period of time
- Adapt the game by adjusting how close or far the bubbles are blown near the player
- Players can be encouraged to blow bubbles to each other
- Why not play some music or sounds in the background?
- Remember to blow the bubbles near the participant, and not directly at them