Rebecca trained in Theatre Dance at London Studio Centre (2003) and later gained her MA with Distinction from London Contemporary Dance School (2013). She worked as an apprentice dancer for ACE Dance and Music in Birmingham and taught in a secondary school before joining the Touring Company of Ludus Dance, Lancaster, as a dancer/teacher (2007 – 2011).
She began delivering dance sessions for Sense in 2013 with her colleague Suzanne Grubham. At the time this was part of a varied portfolio career. Rebecca has worked as a teacher, performer, rehearsal director, movement director, producer and project manager.
Alongside her work at Sense from 2013 – 2020, other key projects include
- Movement Director collaborating with Director, Hal Chambers: Electra (2017), A Christmas Carol Year (2018), Hanzel and Gretel (2019), Polstead (2018), The Ballad or Maria Marten (2020)
- Co-founder of Birmingham Dance Network
- Teacher for Next Gen as part of the Centre for Advanced Training in Birmingham.
- Travelling to Tenerife and Hong Kong to develop a solo performance.
- Rehearsal Director for Genius Tour by Anjali Dance Company (2019)
- Rebecca (Becca) is interested in dance as an artform that brings people together and connects us.
This page is part of a collection of artworks from disabled artists, proudly hosted by Sense.
Find out more about the collection.
Lives: Birmingham, UK
Themes: Accessibility and inclusion