Our Sense hub has been at the heart of Caerphilly since 2015. We support people with complex disabilities across south Wales to learn new skills, keep healthy and make friends.
Whether you’re from Caerphilly or somewhere else in south Wales, we’d love to see you!
Our day services include a huge range of activities. The focus is always on helping you build new skills, confidence and communication.
Some examples include:
- Creating and exhibiting arts and crafts.
- Musical and theatrical performances.
- Cookery skills classes and enjoying food.
- Using computers for learning and fun.
- Sensory experiences through music and touch.
- Pampering experiences.
As well as the services on offer at our hub in Caerphilly, we organise trips from the hub into the local community. This could involve going to the swimming pool, shops or parks.
Sometimes we also organise trips a bit further away, to places like farms or activity centres. This gives people with complex disabilities the chance to have exciting new experiences, while their carers can also have a short break.
What’s in the building?
Our Sense hub in Caerphilly is designed to be a place where everyone can learn and take part in group activities.
- Multi-purpose areas where we host events and games, with electronic whiteboards and plenty of space to move around.
- A lounge area, which is a quiet sanctuary for time alone or relaxing group activities.
- Two large sensory rooms.
- A fully accessible teaching kitchen with induction cooking hobs, a washing up sink and surfaces that can all be raised and lowered.
- Three large activity rooms.
- Meeting rooms.
- Soft play equipment.
- Two fully accessible bathrooms.
- A sensory garden.
Our Caerphilly hub is wheelchair accessible. We have fully accessible toilets and changing rooms with a tracking hoist system, a mobile hoist, and enough space for you and two members of staff.
Pay us a visit in Caerphilly
If you’d like to find out more about our services, please get in touch.