The cost of each holiday is included on the listing. Costs are normally between £400 to £800.
You will also need to get yourself to and from your holiday venue. We cannot provide transport. Please keep this in mind when making your choices.
Paying a deposit
When you accept an offer of a place on a Sense Holiday, you’ll be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit of £200. This will be deducted from the overall cost of your holiday. We then ask for the balance to be paid in full by the end of June.
Ways to pay
There are many ways to pay, including instalment plans, direct debit and Local Educational Authority (LEA) support hours.
Family Fund offer a free 10-minute course to find out about grants you or your family may be eligible for.
Money could come from local authority budgets, individual budgets, Direct Payments, or personal funds. We can also share with you a list of charitable organisations which you can approach for funding for Sense Holidays.
- Via our website
- By calling 0121 415 2720 (please quote your name and holiday that you are paying for)
- Via invoice
- Via bank transfer
Sense Holidays Grant Scheme
If you’re finding it difficult to pay for your holiday, either independently or with support from your local authority, Sense Holidays Grant application forms will be made available with all holiday place offers.
We have a very limited number of grants available for 2023. For successful applicants, grants can cover partial or full cost of the Sense Holiday, up to £800.
Please note that the grants do not cover any costs towards travel to or from your holiday; or any spending money you may wish to bring.
The costs include
- Holiday costs: Accommodation, food and activities for Holidaymakers.
- Holiday Leaders: Salaries and training costs.
- Volunteers: Travel expense, accommodation, food, activities and training.
- Travel: Hiring minibuses for the duration of the holiday and enabling our teams to travel to and from holiday venues.
- Communication: Cost of interpreters and transcription.
- Project costs: Holiday planning, administration and monitoring, as well as evaluating safety procedures, equipment and resources.
When we send out your offer letter we’ll ask for details of how you are travelling to and from the holiday. We’ll also want to know your travel plans in an emergency.
If this is a concern to you, or you have any questions, please contact the Sense Holidays team:
Tel: 0300 330 9250