Our family support service is for children under 12 with sensory impairments and additional needs.
This service is for:
- Children who are deafblind/ multi-sensory impaired.
- Children who have medical conditions that are likely to cause problems with sight and hearing as they grow older.
- Children who have a sensory impairment combined with other needs such as learning or physical disabilities.
- Children with multiple disabilities and/or complex communication needs.
We have a dedicated family support worker based in each of the five Health and Social Care Trusts across Northern Ireland. You could be referred for support by your parent or carer, another charity or a professional.
We can help with:
- Information and advice about your child’s condition and the support available.
- Finding available benefits and grants.
- Signposting you to other organisations who can help.
- Connecting you with other parents, carers and families in similar situations.
- One-to-one support for newcomers and refugee families.
- Events, activities and workshops for your child and the whole family.
The support you’ll get is tailored to you and your child’s specific needs.
Would you like support from Sense NI?
If your child has a vision or hearing impairment along with another disability, please get in touch to find out how we can support you.