Opening up the world of dance and choreography for everyone with complex disabilities.
No matter how you like to move, dance is for everyone!
That’s why we’re launching an inclusive dance programme. Keep reading to find out how to come along to our disability-led, accessible dance workshops in 2022 and 2023.
Who is Sense’s dance programme for?
Our workshops are for everyone, including people with complex disabilities who want to dance – no matter your experience level!
If you’re not sure if this programme is right for you, please get in touch!
Learn from innovative dance professionals
- Lisa Simpson is Artistic Director of the dance programme. Lisa is an inclusive choreographer and workshop leader. She invented the Simpson board, a revolutionary tool that allows people of all abilities to choreograph dance routines.
- Local dance artists will teach workshops in each location.
- Sense Dance partners include Lisa Simpson, Studio Wayne McGregor, Step Change, People Dancing, Linden Dance Company and Open Theatre Company.
Why dance with Sense?
- Get stronger, fitter and more flexible!
- Make new friends, and build existing relationships.
- Express yourself creatively.
- Boost your mood and get those endorphins flowing.
- Connect with music.
- Be yourself, and have fun!
Where can I attend Sense’s dance workshops?
Sense’s dance workshops will take place all over the UK.
Locations will include:
- Caerphilly, Wales
- Dover, Kent
In Birmingham, we’ll also be holding workshops as part of the Flatpack Festival in May 2022, and the Commonwealth Festival in August 2022.
Send us your details and we’ll keep you updated as this exciting programme is rolled out.
Sense's inclusive dance programme
Try an inclusive dance session at home
Got any questions?
If you’d like more information on our dance programme, please get in touch.