Basecamp isn’t just a place to spend your day, it’s a place full of new opportunities.
Basecamp is the perfect space to develop your communication skills, express yourself your way, meet new people and try new things.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn new life skills like cooking and using public transport. You can keep healthy and active with our arts, sports and wellbeing programmes, and can even go on day trips, all with the support of our Sense staff.
Who is Basecamp for?
Basecamp is for adults with complex disabilities. Everyone is different, but many of the people that we support have:
- Sight and hearing impairments (deafblind/multi-sensory impaired).
- Sight or hearing impairments with additional needs.
- A combination of other challenges, including learning disabilities, physical disabilities, or autism.
A safe and supportive environment
Here at Sense TouchBase Pears, we have equipment and facilities designed to make your visits to us ever better! We have:
- An adapted kitchen – adjustable worktops and equipment mean that you can get involved in cooking.
- Interactive sensory equipment – including a giant interactive screen, resonance chair and projector units.
- Arts and crafts space – dedicated areas for you to get messy and creative.
- Fully accessible toilets and changing facilities – these meet Changing Place standards and include a tracking hoist system and plenty of space.
Express yourself your way
At Sense TouchBase Pears we take the time to understand your way of communicating – whether it’s through speech, sign, symbols, objects of reference, gestures or body language.
You’ll be supported to express what matters most to you, like your needs, goals and aspirations. And will have lots of opportunities to communicate with new people, make new friends and discover shared interests.
Make your own choices
You’re unique, and your care plan will be too. We’ll include a range of individual and group activities based here at the centre and out in the community. These could be anything from visiting the local park or going shopping to taking a ride on a canal boat.
We’ll look at your plan together regularly to make sure that it’s still working for you.
You can be referred to our day opportunities at Sense TouchBase Pears by:
- Health and social care professionals including social workers, transition workers and GPs
- Your family
- A friend
- A carer
We’ll then meet with you to assess your needs, and if we feel we can offer you the support that you need we’ll offer you a place.
Our day services can be funded in a few ways including:
- Health care budget
- Social care budget
- Personal care budget
Get in touch
Get in touch with our team to find out more about Basecamp and start the conversation about your support needs:
Phone number: 0300 330 9250
Email: [email protected]