Build your confidence and independence, learn new skills, have fun and make new friends – what are you waiting for?
Vision England is an exciting residential programme for young people aged 12 – 17 years with vision impairment, in partnership with the Field Studies Council (FSC). Young people are supported to play a leading role in changing their communities and the environment for the better.
Why sign up?
- Fun-filled residentials
- Supported by an amazing team of staff experienced in working with young people with vision impairment.
- You shape the activities you do, which may include conservation activities like coppicing and tree planting, and other activities like wildlife walks, bush craft, hiking and camping.
- Opportunity to gain a John Muir Award certificate (environmental award scheme).
Who can apply?
You must be:
- Blind or partially sighted
- At least 12 years old on 31 July 2019
- Aged 17 or under on 1 November 2019
How much does it cost?
Dates and venues for 2019
Introduction Days, also at the centres, are for you to find out more about the project, learn more about the John Muir Award, meet staff and other young people, plus a tour of the centre (11am-3pm).
Field Studies Council Juniper Hall, Dorking Surrey
Introduction Day: Saturday 22 June
Field Studies Council Castle Head, Grange-Over-Sands Lake District
Introduction Day: Saturday 13 July
Field Studies Council Preston Montford, Shrewsbury Shropshire
Introduction Day: Saturday 8 June
To sign up or for more information please contact us
Mob: 07894 598766