Contact Information and Advice
If you'd like to speak to us about getting support from Sense, including information and advice on a range of issues, please get in touch using the form or contact number below.
Contact us by phone
Phone or text relay (not SMS): 0300 330 9256.
We’re available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
For help in Scotland please contact Sense Scotland.
If you'd like to speak to us about any aspect of supporting Sense, including any questions about your donation, fundraising or our shops, please contact Sense Supporter Services.
Sense Information and Advice can help you find the right support for you and your family. In partnership with RNIB, we are here to offer you free and impartial information about living with complex disabilities, including deafblindness.
Please use the form below if:
- You’re looking for impartial advice for either you or someone else about living with complex disabilities, including deafblindness
- You’re enquiring about our living options
- You’re enquiring about our services or activity groups
If you don’t think this form is right for you, please find other ways you can get in touch.
By submitting this form, I give my consent for Sense’s partner RNIB to process my personal information. We will only use this information to answer your enquiry and to help audit, quality assure and improve our services, unless we are required to disclose it by law.
This data will not be shared or used for any other purpose without the express permission of the individual.
Other ways to contact us
Write to us at:
Sense Information and Advice
101 Pentonville Road
How to use the InterpretersLive! service
You can use the InterpretersLive! service on your desktop or laptop by using the Starleaf video portal.
You can also use the service on your phone or tablet by downloading the InterpretersLive! app.
For more information you can watch the BSL guide to downloading the InterpretersLive! app.
Using the app
Follow the steps to register for a Starleaf account so you can use InterpretersLive!
- Download and open the app
- Choose the software for your device
- Register with your email address
- You’ll be sent a six digit code which you then need to enter into the Starleaf app
- Enter your name and phone number
- Allow access rights for your camera and microphone
Making a call
- Click on the phone icon to make a call
- Enter email@example.com in the search bar then click ‘Start a video call’
This service is accessible via a Windows Desktop and Apple Mac supported devices. To use this service on a desktop you’ll need a webcam, a broadband upload speed of 1mb and Flash player.
The service is compatible with the following browsers;
- Google Chrome version 65 and later
- Firefox version 55 and later
- Opera version 50 and later
If you are using Safari 9 or Internet Explorer 11, when prompted please download the plugin. You will only need to do this once, next time you will be taken straight to the call button.
Support connecting to InterpretersLive!
If you’re struggling to connect to the InterpretersLive! service, make sure you meet the requirements.
Please note that if you have less than 120kbps available the call will be audio only, as minimum requirement for video calls is 192kbps.
If you’re still having problems connecting, please get in touch with Sign Solutions.