Contact Information and Advice
Sense Information and Advice can help you find the right support for you and your family. In partnership with RNIB, we are here to offer you free and impartial information about living with complex disabilities, including deafblindness.
If you'd like to speak to us about getting support from Sense, including information and advice on a range of issues or to find out more about Sense services, please get in touch. We’re available from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For support in Scotland please contact Sense Scotland.
If you'd like to speak to us about any aspect of supporting Sense, including any questions about your donation, fundraising or our shops, please contact Sense Supporter Services. For all other enquiries, you can get in touch here.
Get in touch
- Call us on 0300 330 9256*
- Using our contact form
- Request a British Sign Language Interpreter
- Using a text relay service called Relay UK. If you have hearing loss, speech difficulties or are Deafblind, you may find it easier to contact our Information and Advice service using text relay. You can access the Relay UK service via an App on your a smartphone or tablet, or through a Textphone (also known as a Minicom or Uniphone). If you’d like to contact our Information and Advice service using a Textphone, please call 18001 0300 330 9256
*Calls to the Information and Advice service cost no more than a standard rate call to 01 or 02 numbers and count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls. The price of calls varies between different service providers, including between landline and mobile companies. Please note that all calls are recorded for training and quality purposes. All calls are treated in confidence.
We’re open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, and closed on Bank Holidays.
By submitting this form, I give my consent for Sense’s partner RNIB to process my personal information. The information you provide will only be used to answer your enquiry, and to help audit, quality assure and improve our services, unless we are required to disclose it by law.
This data will not be shared or used for any other purpose without the express permission of the individual.
Other ways to contact us
Write to us at:
Sense Information and Advice
101 Pentonville Road
How to use the InterpretersLive! service
You can use the InterpretersLive! service on your desktop or laptop by using the Starleaf video portal.
You can also use the service on your phone or tablet by downloading the InterpretersLive! app.
For more information you can watch the BSL guide to downloading the InterpretersLive! app.
Using the app
Follow the steps to register for a Starleaf account so you can use InterpretersLive!
- Download and open the app
- Choose the software for your device
- Register with your email address
- You’ll be sent a six digit code which you then need to enter into the Starleaf app
- Enter your name and phone number
- Allow access rights for your camera and microphone
Making a call
- Click on the phone icon to make a call
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the search bar then click ‘Start a video call’
This service is accessible via a Windows Desktop and Apple Mac supported devices. To use this service on a desktop you’ll need a webcam, a broadband upload speed of 1mb and Flash player.
The service is compatible with the following browsers;
- Google Chrome version 65 and later
- Firefox version 55 and later
- Opera version 50 and later
If you are using Safari 9 or Internet Explorer 11, when prompted please download the plugin. You will only need to do this once, next time you will be taken straight to the call button.
Support connecting to InterpretersLive!
If you’re struggling to connect to the InterpretersLive! service, make sure you meet the requirements.
Please note that if you have less than 120kbps available the call will be audio only, as minimum requirement for video calls is 192kbps.
If you’re still having problems connecting, please get in touch with Sign Solutions.