We campaign for the rights of people who are deafblind, those with complex needs, their families, and carers across England and Wales. We rely on our network of campaigners to support this and without them we would not be able to achieve what we have. You can take action and campaign with us.
In this section you can find out how you can get involved and details of on current campaigns.
Join the Campaigners' Network!
What is it?
The Sense Campaigners' Network is an ever-growing group of active people who are interested in campaigning for the rights of people who are deafblind, those with complex needs, their families and carers.
Why do we have it?
We would not have some of our most fundamental rights, if it were not for people campaigning – the most obvious being our right to vote. Sense itself was set up as a result of families coming together to support each other. These families campaigned to raise awareness of deafblindness, improve access to information, as well as health, social care and education services. We can see what impact their campaigns have had today and how campaigning can be an effective way to achieve the change you want to see. With much to fight for, at Sense we want to continue this legacy of campaigning. The Sense Campaigner’s Network makes it easy for you to keep informed about public policy, campaigns, and how you can get involved.
Who is it for?
Everyone who wants to can join the Sense Campaigners' Network and be involved in a number of ways:
- Feed into our work: To ensure that our work is well informed and led by people with direct experience, we regularly consult with people who are deafblind, those with complex needs, their families and carers.
- Meet decision makers: We believe you should have the opportunity to be involved in decisions that affect you so whenever possible; we facilitate opportunities for you to meet decision-makers.
- Get involved in campaign activities such as writing to your MP, responding to e-actions, joining a mass lobby and lots more!
What happens when you join?
When you sign up to the Network – we will send you fortnightly updates about public policy, campaigns and a variety of ways you can get involved.
How do you join?
There are a number of ways to join:
- Online: Register via the form below
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0300 330 9258
- Textphone: 02075202600
- Send us a letter: Sense Public Policy Team, Sense, 101 Pentonville Road, London N1 9LG