The RidgeWalk - 26 miles
About the event
Light up the countryside and take on a midnight marathon
Walk the Ridgeway path at night and experience its electric atmosphere as you climb 2,300ft as part of this amazing midnight UV marathon.
Take on the challenge solo or sign up as a team of up to six people – a great way to build friendships and socialise across companies, friends and family alike.
|Start||Location||Distance||Entry fee||Min sponsorship|
|Saturday 24th June 2017, midnight||Bury Down||Marathon||£25 per person||Individual £350
Step one - reserve your place
Whether you will be arranging your own team or not, we ask every participant to first apply for their own place on the RidgeWalk.
Step two - confirm your place
All applications will be assessed within a few days by our Events team.
We will then contact you to complete your registration and confirm your team.
Located in the beautiful Oxfordshire landscape, The RidgeWalk follows the oldest path in Britain – the Ridgeway. Starting at Bury Down on The RidgeWay itself, the route will take you on an exhilarating mental and physical 26 mile challenge before finishing at Field Farm in Watlington.
Event registration will open at 10.45pm until 11.30pm at Bury Down. A short event briefing will then take place before the claxon sounds for the start at midnight. You will then have 12 hours to take on the 26 mile route.
At the finish will be music, hot food, drinks, massages and much more, so why not get your family and friends to come along and cheer you over the finish line!
“There was a great atmosphere and camaraderie between walkers, due to doubt to Sense’s planning, support and encouragement along the way, which was first rate throughout. Yes, it really hurt at the end, but the sense of achievement is something I’ll always cherish.” One of the 2016 RidgeWalkers
How we will support you
Our expert National Events team is on hand to offer you an unrivalled support package, which includes:
- Once you’ve registered, a comprehensive welcome pack including information about the event and training guide
- On event evening, a registration pack including participant number, timing chip, glow sticks, glow in the dark paint, detailed route guides and a RidgeWalk t-shirt
- A celebratory finish with breakfast and a glass of bubbly included
- A well-deserved massage waiting for you at the finish
- A finishers medal
- Experienced event crew throughout: from registration to checkpoints and the finish
- Refreshments at regular checkpoints
- Fully way marked route
- First aid support
- Event photographer
For the 26 mile route, we strongly recommend you have a support crew supporting you across the weekend. They are a vital component of your success – they will be the ones to meet you at the checkpoints along the route, to provide you with boosts of encouragement and some of your favourite snacks!
How long should it take me?
- Power walker – less than 9 hours (3 miles an hour)
- Strider – less than 11 hours (2.5 miles an hour)
- Stroller – less than 14 hours (2 miles an hour)