About the event
Do you have what it takes to trek 52 miles in just 24 hours? Then join Team Sense and take on a unique test of endurance – the RidgeWalk ultramarathon challenge.
The RidgeWalk is an exhilarating 52 mile ultramarathon along the oldest national trail in Britain, the Ridgeway. You’ll trek day and night for 24 hours, climbing 3,800ft through remote ancient landscapes – and we’ll support you every step, scramble and stride of the way.
“Crossing that finish line was one of the proudest moments of my life. It’s an achievement I will never forget.” - 2017 RidgeWalk trekker
|Start||Location||Distance||Entry fee||Min sponsorship|
|9-10 June 2018||Barbury Castle||Ultramarathon||£49 per person||£399|
Apply for a place
Register for just £49 and commit to raise at least £399.
Join Team Sense and you will receive:
- A comprehensive welcome pack and detailed training plan
- Invitation to an exclusive RidgeWalk information day
- Access to our RidgeWalk Facebook community
- On the day, a registration pack including participant number, timing chip, glow sticks, detailed route guides and an exclusive RidgeWalk t-shirt
- Luggage transfer for kit
- Experienced event crew throughout, from registration and checkpoints to the finish
- Refreshments at regular checkpoints
- Fully marked route with first aid support
- A celebratory finish, including a hot breakfast and glass of bubbly, medal and well-deserved massage
The RidgeWalk route
Your challenge begins at Barbury Castle, Swindon, at lunchtime on Saturday 9 June. Setting out along the Ridgeway, you’ll take in the stunning Wiltshire and Oxfordshire countryside in a timed walk against the clock. You’ll continue through the night, trekking through the darkness into the sunrise, before finishing at Field Farm in Watlington around lunchtime on the Sunday.
How long should it take me?
- Power walker – less than 18 hours (3 miles an hour)
- Strider – less than 21 hours (2.5 miles an hour)
- Stroller – less than 26 hours (2 miles an hour)
Get in touch with the Sense Events team
If you have any questions about taking on the RidgeWalk, get in touch on:
Phone: 0300 330 9257