About the event
“Crossing that finish line was one of the proudest moments of my life. It’s an achievement I will never forget.” - 2017 RidgeWalk trekker
Do you have what it takes to walk 52 miles in just 24 hours?
Put your stamina to the test in this walking ultramarathon. Pace yourself throughout the tough event in an amazing location and discover your inner strength as you climb 3,800ft.
|Start||Location||Distance||Entry fee||Min sponsorship|
|9-10 June 2018||Barbury Castle||Ultramarathon||£49 per person||Individual £399|
Apply for a place
Register for just £49 and commit to raise at least £399.
Located in the beautiful Wiltshire and Oxfordshire landscape, The RidgeWalk follows the oldest path in Britain – the Ridgeway. Starting at Barbury Castle near Swindon at lunchtime on Saturday, you will set off past breath taking views and beautiful countryside. The challenge will take you through an exhilarating mental and physical journey as you walk non-stop for 24 hours, through the darkness and into the sunrise, before finishing at Field Farm in Watlington around lunchtime on the Sunday. Here you’ll get a hero’s welcome, with music, hot food, drinks, massages and much more, so why not get your family and friends to come along and cheer you over the finish line!
How long should it take me?
- Power walker – less than 18 hours (3 miles an hour)
- Strider – less than 21 hours (2.5 miles an hour)
- Stroller – less than 26 hours (2 miles an hour)
How we will support you
Our expert National Events team is on hand to offer you an unrivalled support package, which includes:
- Once you’ve registered, a comprehensive welcome pack full of information about the event and a detailed training plan
- On event morning, a registration pack including participant number, timing chip, glow sticks, detailed route guides and an exclusive RidgeWalk t-shirt
- A detailed guide for your support crew
- Luggage transfer for kit to the mid-way point
- Experienced event crew throughout: from registration to checkpoints and the finish
- Refreshments at regular checkpoints
- Fully way marked route
- First aid support
- A celebratory finish with a hot breakfast and a glass of bubbly included
- A well-deserved massage waiting for you at the finish
- A finisher's medal
We recommend that you have a support crew of at least two people supporting you across the weekend. It’s always nice to see your friends and family to give you a boost. They are a vital component of your success – they will be the ones to meet you at the checkpoints along the route, and providing anything you need, whether that’s jelly babies, hugs, new socks or motivational boosts!