Quick and easy fundraising ideas
There are loads of ways you can help to raise valuable funds for Sense from the comfort of your own home.
It could be as simple as collecting loose change lying around your home and showing your support for Sense by requesting a home collection box.
- A Year to Make a Difference – Ask friends to suggest challenges for you throughout the year along with a donation for each nomination
- Barbecue – a great day with friends and family
- Sort out and sell – a jumble or a car boot sale to clear out your old toys and books
- Car washing – offer to wash cars in your neighbourhood for a donation
- Sell unwanted gifts on eBay
- Give up something – give up anything you like for a month, for example, smoking, chocolate, crisps, or even using the car. You can then either donate the money you have saved to Sense or ask friends to sponsor you
- Give a car – recycle your old motor and raise money for Sense at the same time
- Try our new activity Dine in the Dark - a great way to catch-up with friends and raise money in the process
- Honesty box – do you have excess produce from your garden? Create an honesty box outside the front of your house with things such as jam, fruit and vegetables, and plant cuttings
- Nominate Sense as a charity of the month at your local Waitrose or John Lewis
Further ideas and information on how to keep your fundraising legal and safe: www.how2fundraise.org.uk
For more inspiration on how to put the 'fun' into fundraising contact us for a fundraising pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0300 330 9257.
First published: Monday 28 May 2012
Updated: Monday 10 August 2015