The law and social care for deafblind people

This page sets out how the law on social care should work for adults, carers and children. The deafblind guidance applies to children and adults in both England and Wales.

If you are in England read the pages on social care for adults in England.

If you are in Wales, read the page on social care for deafblind people in Wales

There is also a page on social care for children

Sense has a small legal team who can advise you on your legal entitlements and protections, discuss options with you, and help you to assert your rights.

Find out how the legal team works and what help they can offer you.

First published: Monday 14 May 2012
Updated: Tuesday 6 October 2015