Knowing your rights
Knowing your rights will strengthen the impact of your campaigns.
Below are key laws, standards and duties that could be relevant to you or issues you are campaigning on:
- Equality Act 2010 - the main discrimination law in Britain
- Care Act 2014 - provides the legal framework for adult social care in England
- Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 - information about social care in Wales
- Children and Families Act 2014 - outlines how support should be offered to children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). You can also see Sense’s Case for Play report, Play Toolkits (for parents and play settings) and more resources for families on the SEND reforms.
- Accessible Information Standard – Whereby people with a sensory impairment and/or learning disability, as well as parents and carers, have rights to accessible information and communication support when using health and social care services
- Information on the Accessible Healthcare Standards in Wales
First published: Wednesday 5 April 2017
Updated: Wednesday 5 April 2017