Keep your balloon off the floor for as long as possible with this quick and easy group game - all you need is a few inflated balloons.
This guide is part of our Sense Arts, Sport & Wellbeing programme. This activity can be done at a time that suits you, either in your own space or in an educational setting.
Who is this for?
This workshop is designed for people who are deafblind or have complex disabilities but can be enjoyed by anyone
Why does this make a difference?
This activity supports social inclusion and getting active, and helps people use their senses to connect with their surroundings, learning new skills and building confidence while making friends.
How to play
What you’ll need
- Inflated balloons
How to set up
- A clear space where you can play
Rules of the game
- Each player has to keep their balloon off the ground for as long as possible by tapping it up in the air
- Players should be encouraged to stretch up and reach the balloons!
- For those finding it easy, try using multiple balloons or working as a group
- Make it harder by adding rice to the balloons, which will make them fall more quickly
- If you’re supporting the player, join in as part of their team, or offer support to those who need it
- Make it more sensory with different coloured or shaped balloons – bright colours are great – or add a very small amount of ice to each balloon before blowing them up to give them sound