It’s surprisingly simple to personalise your own soap!
You can have fun scenting it with your favourite essential oils or introduce some exfoliating textures for a touch of added luxury. It’s a fun way to explore colours and scents and can be wrapped up to make a nice present.
This guide is part of our Sense Arts, Sport & Wellbeing programme. This activity can be done at a time that suits you, either in your own space or in an educational setting.
Who is this for?
This is a crafting activity for people who are deafblind or have complex disabilities.
Why does this make a difference?
This is a creative, sensory activity that helps people use their senses to connect with their surroundings, exploring scents, colours and textures, and supporting independent choice and self-expression through creativity.
How to do this activity
What you’ll need
- Two bars of unscented soap
- A knife
- Chopping board
- Microwavable jug and plate
- Yoghurt pots or similar (to use as moulds)
- Extras such as oats, poppy seeds, ground coffee, and soap colouring (you can buy this online)
- If you can’t find clear soap, cream or coloured soap will also work fine, but the colours may not come out the same.