Deafblind Directory introduction
Our easy-to-use Deafblind Directory is an online database of providers of services for deafblind children and adults.
The aim of the directory is to help deafblind people and families to find providers and contact them directly to ask about their services. The idea came out of the difficulties deafblind people and families can have when they are using direct payments and cannot find appropriate providers.
If you want to search for providers please note:
- Sense does not endorse any of the providers on the directory
- Sense has not checked the information in provider profiles
- It is up to anyone who searches the directory to check that providers are appropriate and safe
- Providers are responsible for creating, writing and updating their own profiles on the directory
- There are different criteria for searching the directory. It may be useful to try a combination of different searches to get the most search findings
- The directory has links to Sense’s factsheets on direct payments, purchasing your own support, employing people or using providers and managing risk
If you provide services to deafblind children and / or adults you will need to:
- Have an email address
- Register with the directory
- Review and update your profile annually
Note: an information pack for providers is available on the registration page and the profile creation page, or by emailing the Deafblind Directory.
First published: Tuesday 29 May 2012
Updated: Thursday 16 August 2012