Advice and support
Sense has worked with deafblind people, their families, and the professionals who support them for more than 50 years.
With our long experience of supporting individuals and their families, and of establishing and running successful services, we are uniquely positioned to offer advice and support on all issues regarding deafblindness.
Our specialist staff can provide information that is up-to-date and relevant to a person's needs.
We can help you to understand your rights and specific guidance around social care for deafblind adults and children, as well as local authority services.
So please contact us as we can offer:
- Friendly and accessible information and advice about deafblindness
- Practical and local information and support
- Legal advice and assistance
- Direct support and services
- Specialist assessment or input, including training or consultancy
- Access to Sense's library
Remember - we're here to help and support you.
Please use the contact details on the Contact us page if you wish to contact a named person at Sense through the switchboard or you need to discuss anything other than the areas covered above, such as donations and fundraising, job opportunities, volunteering and Sense shops.
First published: Monday 14 May 2012
Updated: Wednesday 27 February 2013